Specialised Restoration Services (SRS); always pre-test surfaces to determine which option to choose, and the time required for restoration.
- Clean; to remove the soil that foreign to the construction of the fabric or surface. – Cleaning is the least expensive option for both insurers and insurance companies.
- Resurface; provide a new surface over or in place of the old one (refinish, reupholster, paint, Etc.)
- Replace; provide a new item or an item of comparable value (may be subject to deprecation, depending on policy specifications).
- Real value; present market value
- Appreciated value; antique or artistic value
- Sentimental value; subjective value
- Original cost (e.g. $600)
- Replacement cost (e.g. $1000)
- Depreciation (e.g. 20%)
Depreciation rarely exceeds 50% of replacement.
Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) responsibility;
- Preserve the surface or fabric
- Clean within the limitations of the situation presented
- Provide reasonable work for reasonable price
This information helps the client and or any other parties involved understand the limitations of the fire loss and the situation at hand.