Water Damage | Wet Carpet | Property Restoration | Structural Drying in the Central West NSW
Destructive Power of Water
Water is the single most long-term destructive substance in the indoor environment. Excess moisture or flooding can cause structures and personal property to rapidly deteriorate. The problem becomes more serious when the water is unsanitary or clean-up services are delayed.
“We offer Water Damage Restoration Services in Orange NSW, Bathurst NSW & Surrounding Areas”
The harmful effects of water are sharply reduced by prompt and effective intervention, especially within the first 24-48 hours. Even though the damage may look severe, cleanup and restoration can produce amazing results. From furniture to family dining tables, office computers to production machinery, SRS has successfully restored water-damaged structures and property for more than 20 years.
Water Damage Mitigation Services
Immediately after a flood or water damage occurs, SRS certified technicians assess the water damage and begin property and area water removal and drying. Moisture levels are measured and tracked to inhibit mould growth, and contents, furniture and wet carpet are removed for repair, cleaning or disposal.
If needed, SRS certified technicians will secure the property and remove floodwater debris.
- Water Extraction
- Debris Removal
- Pump Outs
- Carpet Extraction and Cleaning
- Structural Drying
- Pack Ups
- Humidity Control
- Tarping and Boardups
- Moisture Monitoring and Drying Verification
- Odor Control and Deodorization – Odorox® Hydroxyl Treatment
Water Damage Repair Services
After flood water is removed and moisture levels are safe, SRS experts can work with and organise builders to provide reconstruction services to return properties to pre-flood condition. Our specialists prepare complete damage appraisals with accurate restoration estimates. They work directly with insurance agents and adjustors to make sure all available coverage is received to minimise out-of-pocket costs, saving you time and money.
The SRS team can address any portion of water and flood damaged property reconstruction, including:
- Roofing installation, repair and replacement
- Plasterboard removal, repair and replacement
- Masonry – foundations, brick work, slabs and walks
- Electrical installation, repair and replacement
- Plumbing installation, repair and replacement
- HVAC installation, repair and replacement
- Interior and exterior priming, sealing, painting, and finishing
- Wallpaper installation
Water Damage Cleanup and Repair
The restoration process is very scientific. To determine if your property can be restored or must be replaced, we evaluate three criteria:
- Amount of Property Damage
- Degree of Contamination
- Replacement Costs vs. Restoration Costs
If not promptly and properly dealt with, water damage can cause major business interruption, financial burdens and potential health risks.
Mould – Stop It Before It Starts
The window of opportunity to prevent mould growth and mould removal is measured in hours, not days or weeks. To prevent mould from developing, you need a fast response from a professional water damage restoration contractor like Specialised Restoration Services (SRS). Although really dangerous moulds are not an everyday occurrence, any mould has the potential to cause health problems and proper removal is critical.
From initial air quality testing and mould identification to safe removal methods, we make sure your property is repaired quickly and professionally.
Below are the Principle’s and Fundamental’s of Water Damage Restoration; We provide such services as wet carpet drying, water damage, structural drying, sewerage removal, decontamination services in areas such as; Orange NSW, Bathurst NSW, Cowra NSW, Lithgow NSW, Parkes NSW, Forbes NSW, Dubbo NSW and the Central West NSW.
Principles of Water Damage Restoration;
- Provide for the Safety and Health of Workers and Occupants
- Water damaged buildings and materials and the investigation and performance of water damage restoration work can create and expose workers to a wide range of health and safety concerns. Potential hazards include, but are not limited too: exposure to microbial contaminants, chemicals, lead and asbestos; electrical shock and slip-and-fall hazards. Appropriate safety procedures and personal protective equipment (PPE) is used by Specialised Restoration Services (SRS). Reasonable effort is made to inform building occupants of, and protect them from the identified health and safety issues with a risk assessment completed by the Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) onsite.
- Document and Inspect the Project
- Initial Inspection;
Upon entering a building, professional moisture detection equipment should be used to evaluate and document the psychometric conditions inside and outside the building, and the moisture content or levels of materials in affected and unaffected areas. Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will inspect and document the source and time of the water intrusion and visible material deterioration, pre-existing damages and visible mould growth.
- Ongoing Inspections;
Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will record, calculate and document moisture measurements required to adequately monitor the drying process. Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will record and monitor the relevant moisture measurements daily; preferably the same time of the day, until drying goals are achieved. When benchmarks are not being met towards an acceptable drying goal, Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will further investigate to identify the cause and take corrective action.
- Initial Inspection;
- Mitigate Further Damage
- Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will attempt to control the spread of contaminants and moisture to minimise further damage from occurring to the structure, systems, and contents. when contaminants are present Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will remediation first, and then dry structure, systems, and contents.
- Clean & Dry the Affected Area
- Initial/ Bulk Cleaning
- Detailed Cleaning
- Final Cleaning
- Drying Process;
- Enhancing Evaporation
- Enhancing moisture diffusion
- Dehumidifying and Ventilating
- Controlling Temperature
- Complete the Restoration and Repairs
- After the cleaning and drying has been accomplished, Specialised Restoration Services (SRS) will re-evaluate the scope of works to complete the restoration project. completing the restoration can incorporate repairs, refinishing and reconstruction. Project scope and procedures vary depending on the category of water and factors (e.g. code requirements, client priorities and concerns, occupancy). Qualified and properly licensed persons should perform authorised and necessary repairs. In some cases, a separate remodel-er or general contractor may handle the remaining re-construction.